Terms of business for courses & services offered by MU DOT MY Malaysia.
1. Terms of Business
The following terms of business apply to public training events offered by MU DOT MY. All work carried out is subject to these terms of business except to the extent that changes are expressly agreed in writing.
2. MU DOT MY
We are MU DOT MY, a private business registered in MALAYSIA and No NS0047632W. References in these terms of business to "you" or "your" shall refer to each and every party to this agreement (other than us).
3. Fees for training
Fees for training are due in full at the time of booking. At our sole discretion we may accept a valid purchase order. Our fees will be subject to VAT at the prevailing rate (if there any).
Cancellation by you:
- Cancellation more than four weeks prior to the start date of the course - we will refund 100% of fees received by us from you less a refund administration fee of USD30 per participant cancelled.
- Cancellation less than two weeks, but more one week before the start date of the course - we will refund 50% of the course fees we have received from you, less a refund administration fee of USD20 per participant cancelled.
- Cancellation less than one week before the start date of the course - no refund of fees.
- Private bookings i.e. not business to business may be cancelled within 7 days of completing our booking form and receive a 100% refund (Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000).
- Discounted places are always treated as being the first to be cancelled.
Cancellation by us:
- In the event that we cancel the course we will refund 100% of fees we have received from you without deductions.
5. Substitution of participants
We will allow participants to be substituted provided that the substitution is for the entire event and we are notified in writing no later than the working day prior to the commencement of the course.
All bookings are provisional until we have received cleared funds from you or other forms of payment which we may accept at our sole discretion.
Quotations are subject to expire in 21 days (Including Saturday and Sundays) from the date of issues. In the event the pricing structure is changed you are entitled for new price.
7. Fair-service Policy
It is important to MU DOT MY that all eligible customers are able to access our on-site services. For this reason, and to ensure the provision of a quality service, a Fair Service Policy applies to some of our services.
Normal Unlimited on-site support;
1. One (1) visit/month not exceeding two (2) hours/visit.
2. Maximum Twelve (12) visit/month not exceeding 24 hours of total service.
3. Additional services subject to charge RM 120/hour.
* All Services are subject to our Fair Service Policy. We may apply our Fair Service Policy where in our reasonable opinion your usage of our Services is excessive and/or unreasonable as detailed in this paragraph.
* We have developed our Fair Service Policy by reference to average customer profiles and estimated customer usage of our Services.
* If your usage of our Services materially exceeds estimated use patterns over any month, or is inconsistent with normal usage patterns, then your usage will be excessive and/or unreasonable.
* If your usage is excessive and/or unreasonable we may contact you to advise you that your usage is in breach of our Fair Service Policy.
* We may then request that you stop or alter your usage to come within our Fair Service Policy.
* If your excessive or unreasonable usage continues after receipt of a request to stop or alter the nature of such usage, we may without further notice, apply charges to your account for the excessive and/or unreasonable element of your usage; suspend, modify or restrict your use of the Services or withdraw your access to the Services.
8. Our responsibilities
We will provide the services offered with reasonable skill and care and in a timely manner. We reserve the right to withdraw, amend the content and/or format of any event without prior notice.
9. Information and confidentiality
Where we receive confidential information we shall take such steps as we in good faith think fit to preserve confidential information from unauthorised disclosure.
Except where there is specific agreement to the contrary, our client relationship with you shall not be treated as confidential information and we may disclose this fact to clients or prospective clients.
As a Corporate Partner of some organizations we are contractually required to disclose certain information about clients, potential and actual, for the purposes of accounting and oversight of territories.
10. Intellectual property rights
We retain all copyright and other intellectual property rights in everything developed, designed or created by us either before or during a training event including systems, methodologies, software, know-how and working papers. We also retain all copyright and other intellectual property rights in any other original materials provided by us to you, including but not limited to workbooks, handouts and electronic files .
No part of any printed materials provided by us to you may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without our prior written permission.
You may not without our prior written consent, provide or offer to provide any part of the materials provided by us, or any services involving their use, on a commercial basis to any third party.
11. Our liability
You agree that any claim of any sort whatsoever arising out of or in connection with this course shall be brought only against MU DOT MY and that no claims will be brought personally against any other persons involved in the provision of the course, whether actual or deemed servants or agents of us or not.
12. Limitation of liability
You agree that our total liability to you in respect of breach of contract or breach of duty or fault or negligence or otherwise whatsoever arising out of or in connection with this course shall be limited to the total amount of the fees charged by us to you for the training event to which such claim relates.
13. Conflicts of interest
Where we, at our sole discretion, consider that the participation of any individual may be incompatible with the business activities of MU DOT MY we reserve the right to decline or withdraw any offer of a place on any training event we may offer. Where we withdraw a place and payment has been received by us we will refund such payment in full without deductions.
14. Third party rights
A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no right to enforce any of its terms.
15. Force majeure
We shall not be liable in any way for failure to perform, or delay in performing, our obligations under this agreement if the failure or delay is due to causes outside of our reasonable control.
No variation to these terms of business is accepted unless confirmed in writing by a director of MU DOT MY.
17. General & Disclaimer
We reserve the right to vary programme without notice.
We reserve the right to refuse admission.
We may record our events using video, audio or photography. You consent that we may use any material gathered for promotional and company use in any medium worldwide. Material such as stills, audio and video will be used responsibly by us and only for purposes related to our business.
By your use of this website, you agree to the following:
The information on this website, including text and images, is presented for the purpose of assisting our clients and website visitors to understand the Web in general and our services in particular. All pages and their respective content contain our opinions on various matters, and are presented "as is," without warranty of any kind as to their truthfulness, accuracy, or suitability for any purpose. We try to help our clients and website visitors, but your reliance upon and/or use of this information is your own responsibility.
Further, you agree that our tutorials are designed to fill in information and are based on our best efforts. Still, there is always the possibility of human error. All information is provided "as is" and we make no representations and disclaim all express, implied, and statutory warranties of any kind including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability, suitability or fitness for any particular purpose. Your use of the materials on this website and in our tutorials is your own responsibility, and you agree that you will not hold us liable for any damages or harm which may be incurred through the use of these materials.
Joomla!® is the trademark of Open Source Matters, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Joomla!® name is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters. [url of site] is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.
18. Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms of business shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of MALAYSIA and any dispute arising out of this engagement or these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction in MALAYSIA.
Last updated: 03 January 2011.